The garage manages to be the one place that is almost always messy. For those without a basement or an attic, the next best place to dump ‘stuff’ is their garage. In fact, according to a survey by SpareFoot, an online marketplace for storage and moving companies, 50% of Americans that participated in the survey admitted to being unable to park their cars in garages due to clutter. Modern garages double up as additional storage, workspaces, home office, gyms, etc. If you are looking to organize and clear the clutter, garage organization systems like garage storage racks, slat walls, and slat wall accessories can help you make the most of your garage.
Garage Storage Racks For Long Term Storage
Do your Christmas and holiday decorations hang out in boxes on the floor? They don’t have to! Overhead storage racks are great for storing rarely used items. Those old yearbooks and magazines, camping gear, ski boots, and poles can all be safely tucked away till you are ready to use them. Our garage storage racks are made of heavy gauge steel and powder coated with the industry’s highest capacity rating. They are designed for maximum strength and durability.
Tips to make your overhead storage racks more organized
- Use labeled bins to keep holiday decorations in place.
- Ensure all items are ready for long term storage
- Clean out, dust, and declutter at least once a year
- Invest in a good step ladder to prevent injuries when transferring items to and from the storage racks
- Seek the help of a professional for installation
At Garage Excell, our team of experienced installers will ensure that your overhead garage storage racks are well anchored and able to withstand the load. Message us here to learn more about our overhead storage racks!
Slat Walls To Keep Away The Clutter
Vertical spaces are some of the most underutilized spaces in garages. Slat walls are a versatile option to store various articles, from tools and machinery to bikes and even garbage cans. You may add shelves to the slat walls to keep off paint cans and other chemicals from kids and pets.
A slat wall is also much more durable than alternatives like pegboards. With the right kind of accessories, you can rearrange the slat wall to your heart’s content. Need some inspiration? Check out our gallery for some of our slat wall designs.
Slat Wall Accessories
We offer a variety of slat wall accessories to go with every requirement. Here are some common uses for our most popular slat wall accessories.
- Loop Hook w/ Lock The loop hook, with an upward loop, is used to hang bulky items from slat walls. It is made from heavy-duty steel and given a powder coat finish. This ensures maximum strength and prevents rusting.
- Metal Tool Rack This tool rack helps you store multiple items in one place. Especially useful for yard tools such as rakes and shovels.
- Bike hooks w/Lock These bike hooks are easy to install and can be set up anywhere within the slat panel. Wall-mounted bike hooks can help you save valuable floor space and keep those pedals out of the way.
- Tilt bins Have a lot of trinkets with no place to put them? Tilt bins are great at holding an assortment of items from screws and bolts to craft items, sewing accessories, etc. These bins are also easy to label and open/close with the touch of a finger.
Interested in more accessories? Drop us a message and our team will be happy to design the perfect garage of your dreams!